Our Client is a marketer and distributor of fresh avocados throughout Europe and is the world’s largest marketer of fresh avocado with own production, pack houses and partnerships in California, Peru, Chile and Mexico.
Since the company is steadily growing we are looking for an experienced financial controller to oversee all aspects of financial management for our growing European Operation in Breda. Responsibilities include general accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation and development of and adherence to internal control policies and procedures. This is a full time function but part time hours can be discussed.
• Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Oversee month-end and year-end closing process
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Manage and comply with Government statutory reporting requirements and tax filings
• Identify areas for improvement and lead change initiatives
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Prepare, analyze and consolidate ad hoc reports and distribute to appropriate team members and/or managers
• Perform special projects for the US-based corporate finance team to enable achievement of companywide goals and objectives
• Have 5+ years of accounting and finance experience, preferably as a Financial Controller in an international fresh produce environment
• Have a HBO or University degree in Accounting , or similar to that (CPA, certified public accountant, or CMA, certified management accountant)
• Be proficient in accounting software and Microsoft office
• Be able to work independently, but also in our team
• Be an expert on EU VAT issues will be an asset
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English, in Spanish would be great
• Be able to travel occasionally when work requires this.
Mission Produce Europe offers:
• To work in a fast growing, passionate team of very enthusiastic people
• Possibility to grow in the company
More information about the job? Give me a call: +623 686 558
Feel free to call. We will handle your application most confidentially.
Send your CV to: info@agf-Recruitment.nl